Friday, September 10, 2010




I've finished up the exterior views of the URSA in SE, I admit I strayed from the original design just a tiny bit, but i think its all for the best.
Let me tell you, that red stripe down the front was a pain in the neck to do. You see, all of the lettering and painting actually has depth on this model. i made it about a tenth of a centimeter thick (about .04 inches) so that it would have a tiny amount of raise. Also notice the small grey thing on the front? it is labelled 3He:
because theoretically if we were able to produce fusion engines, an excellent source of fuel would be the Helium 3 isotope. The best part about 3He is that it is very common in the atmospheres of many gas giant planets, (think Jupiter, Saturn, etc) So, if a spacecraft such as this one needed to refuel, it would simply skim the outer atmosphere of a gas giant and absorb the 3He there. Interesting huh?
This is the "official" FINAL EXTERIOR VIEW. But we all know that I cant leave well enough alone, and there will doubtlessly be a Final Exterior View v.2 coming up, i already know what i want to do... anyway, in this view there are the fold down wings for re-entry and atmospheric flight, as well as the door on the Port side of the hull. I added a communications antenna on top, (Amy has described it as "dinky," but i kind of like it) an
d finalized the way i want the whole assembly to look.

Finally, I couldnt help but add a star field, (generated in Blender) and Gimp it behind my spacecraft with some cool flare effects. This has sure been a great project so far, lets just hope its more than just me who gets to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment